Sunday 25 October 2015

A proper workspace.

I have an amazing and supportive wife however she likes a tidy house without bits of bike or robot strewn about. She's an interior designer and architectural visualiser so I can't blame her.

It was time to sort out a proper workspace and fortunately I had a storage room begging to be re-purposed. I ripped some shelves out and stuck my grandpas old writing desk in there; he was a professor of engineering at Newcastle University and used to mark engineering exams sat at the desk so it seemed appropriate.

I had a monitor donated to me by my friend Rich Lambert and a keyboard and mouse donated to me by Jane's studio. On top of that I had a gold plated HDMI lead that I somehow got suckered into buying when I bought a new telly. This was the perfect pi programming station and I can make as much mess as I like and I don't have to tidy up at the end of every session.

No comments:

Post a Comment